AREAS OF EXPERIENCE
- Business Litigation
- Employment Law
- Intellectual Property
- Trial and Appellate
- Personal Injury
- B.A.: Professional Writing, Northwestern State University, 1997
- M.A.: Professional Writing, Northwestern State University, 1998
- J.D.: University of Texas at Austin Dedman School of Law, 2001
- Texas, 2001
- Louisiana, 2006
- Washington, 2010
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern District of Texas, Eastern District of Texas, Western District of Louisiana, and Middle District of Louisiana
AWARDS AND ACTIVITIES:
- Associate Editor, Litigation News (a publication of the ABA) July 2007-Present
- Winner, State Bar Award for Best Human Interest Story 2004-2005, 2005-2006 & 2007-2008
- Board Member, Camp Fire USA Lone Star Council
Sherry L. Talton is Of Counsel at Clouse Dunn LLP. She practices business and civil litigation in state and federal courts. Ms.Talton has represented numerous companies and individuals in matters ranging from personal injury to intellectual property.
In addition to her association with Clouse Dunn LLP, Ms. Talton is the founding partner of The Law Office of Sherry L. Talton. Previously she practiced Intellectual property litigation at Shore Chan Bragalone, LLP. and personal injury litigation at Baron & Budd, PC.
- Age, sex, and race discrimination and retaliation claims,
- Wrongful discharge claims,
- Executive employment and non-compete/non-solicitation matters,
- Partnership disputes,
- Insurance coverage/bad faith matters,
- Products and premises liability claims , and
- Patent and trademark infringement disputes.
Ms. Talton is a member of Attorneys Serving the Community, a charitable organization for female attorneys in Dallas. She also serves on the Board and volunteers with Camp Fire USA Lone Star Council, a national organization serving the needs of Dallas-area youth since 1913.
Additionally, Ms. Talton works with animal advocacy groups on local and state laws affecting pets. She has also spoken at conferences on animal law.
Ms. Talton is also a committee member of and regular contributor to Headnotes, the publication of the Dallas Bar Association.