Our attorneys are experienced in handling restaurant issues. The firm represents single-unit operations to Fortune 1000 multi-concept restaurant concerns. Many of our attorneys spent their pre-law years learning the restaurant business working as everything from servers to managers. We know how to “expo” and deal with restaurant issues.
Our extensive complex litigation and employment law experience enables the firm to address a wide range of restaurant issues. The firm represents restaurants in covenant-not-to-compete, trade secret, and non-solicitation cases. We handle all aspects of harassment, discrimination and retaliation claims. A significant portion of the firm’s restaurant law practice involves complicated partnership and ownership valuation claims.
From the messiest business divorce to an amicable parting of ways, our attorneys are experienced in the nuances of restaurant issues.
We are also available to present seminars and counseling to prevent claims from occurring, or to respond promptly with investigations when problems arise. Our practice includes drafting employment contracts, non competes and employee handbooks.
Some of the work done and results obtained for restaurants by our lawyers include:
- Handle all EEOC charges filed west of the Mississippi for Fortune 1000 restaurant concern with over 1000 units world-wide
- Obtained injunctive relief for new owner of white tablecloth steakhouse restaurant against former owner arising out of restaurant sale
- Obtained defense verdict finding no breach of partnership agreement or fiduciary duty for Fortune 1000 restaurant concern
- Successful defense of two nationwide restaurant chains in class action suit seeking refunds for alleged sales tax overcharges
- Successful defense of owners of a 50-unit restaurant chain sued for securities fraud
- Conducted discrimination and harassment training for Midwest restaurant group management team
- Obtained injunctive relief for restaurant clients enforcing non-competes on numerous occasions
Some of our food and beverage clients include: Adelmo’s, Bonefish Grill, Carrabba’s Italian Grill, Cheeseburger in Paradise, Dippin’ Dots, Flemming’s Prime Steakhouse, Einstein Noah Restaurant Group, Outback Steakhouse, Paul Lee’s Chinese Kitchen and Roy’s Restaurant.
From food poisoning, to dram shop liability, to commercial disputes, we know the food and beverage business.