AREAS OF EXPERIENCE
- Business Litigation
- BA: University of Louisiana at Lafayette, cum laude, 2010
- JD: SMU Dedman School of Law, cum laude, 2013
- Admitted to the State Bar of Texas, November 2013.
- Admitted to practice before the US District Court and the Northern, Southern and Eastern Districts of Texas.
- Ms. Avant was born in Burbank, California.
Ms. Avant is an associate in Clouse Dunn’s litigation group. She practices employment law and defends clients before state and federal courts as well as administrative agencies including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Department of Labor and the Texas Workforce Commission. Ms. Avant represents and counsels employers and employees in all aspects of employment law including, but not limited to, discrimination, wrongful termination, breach of employment contracts, trade secrets, covenants not to compete, and wage and hour cases.
Ms. Avant graduated cum laude from University of Louisiana in 2010, where she earned a B.A. in Political Science. In 2013, Ms. Avant received her J.D. and graduated cum laude from SMU Dedman School of Law. During law school, Ms. Avant was a judicial intern for Chief Justice Ulysses Gene Thibodeaux of the Third Circuit Court of Appeals.