AREAS OF EXPERIENCE
- Employment Law
- Business Litigation
- Nonprofit Law
- Labor & Employment Law
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- J.D., Southern Methodist University 1986
- Leading Articles Editor, Journal of Air Law and Commerce
- M.B.A., Texas Women’s University 2010
- B.A., University of Missouri–Kansas City 1983 summa cum laude
- Admitted to State Bar of Texas 1986. Admitted to practice before the United States District Courts for the Northern, Southern and Eastern Districts of Texas and the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Ms. Brown was born in San Antonio, Texas.
Dallas employment lawyer Alyson Brown specializes in employment law, representing employers and executives in all facets of the employment relationship. She has tried cases in state and federal courts throughout Texas and in other states. She also represents clients in arbitrations (including AAA, JAMS and FINRA) and administrative proceedings with state and federal agencies. She represents clients in a broad range of industries, including health care, banking, energy, high-tech, retail, manufacturing, hospitality and nonprofit organizations. Prior to joining Clouse Dunn, Ms. Brown was the general counsel of MADD, a national nonprofit organization.
Ms. Brown is Board Certified in Labor and Employment Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. She also serves as an Arbitrator with the American Arbitration Association for employment disputes. Ms. Brown is an active mediator as well. Ms. Brown serves on the State Bar of Texas District 6 (Dallas) Grievance Committee. Nominated by the State Bar directors and appointed by the State Bar President, the District Grievance Committee performs two primary roles in the attorney discipline system: (1) review complaints presented by the Chief Disciplinary Counsel and determine whether cases should be dismissed or prosecuted; and (2) sit as an administrative tribunal to determine whether professional misconduct was committed and assess an appropriate sanction.
Ms. Brown has been selected to the Texas Super Lawyers list, a Thomson Reuters service, for Employment and Labor Law in 2008, 2009 and 2012-2016.
Results* and Experience
- Jury trial and arbitration experience in breach of contract, discrimination, negligent hiring, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, trade secret, and other employment claims.
- Extensive experience obtaining and defending temporary and permanent injunctions in trade secret, misappropriation, unfair competition and noncompete cases.
- Successfully defended wage and hour litigation matters, including FLSA collective actions and DOL investigations.
- Drafts employment contracts and severance agreements for senior executives.
- Defended employers against claims of discrimination, harassment and retaliation based on sex, race, disability, age, religion and sexual orientation.
- Successfully represented clients in individual and class action ERISA proceedings.
- Frequently counsels employers regarding all employment issues, including employment contracts, policies, training, HR audits, internal investigations and employee discipline.
- Develops and implements risk reduction and compliance strategies for employers.
- Taught business law at Texas Woman’s University MBA Program and Trial Advocacy at SMU’s Dedman School of Law.
* Past achievements are no guarantee of future results. Results depend on the facts of each case.