AREAS OF EXPERIENCE
- Personal Injury
- Labor & Employment Law Texas Board of Legal Specialization
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Honored in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 as a Texas “Rising Star”, and as a 2017 “Top 100 Up-and-Coming Texas ‘Rising Stars'”, as published in Texas Monthly magazine
- B.B.A.: Texas Tech University, cum laude, 1999
- Juris Doctor: Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, cum laude, 2002
- SMU Law Review, 2000-2002
- Journal of Air Law & Commerce, 2000-2002
- Jackson Walker First-Year Moot Court Champion
- SMU Air Law Symposium, 2000-2002
- Finalist for the John Howie Best Casenote Award “Wellons v. Northwest Airlines, Inc.; Defining ‘Service’ Under the Airline Deregulation Act, Why the Majority of Circuits Are Wrong,” 66 J. AIR L & COM. 861 (2001)
- State Bar of Texas
- All federal district courts in Texas
- The Importance of Well-drafted Job Descriptions in Failure to Hire/Promote Litigation, Sponsored by Lorman Seminars, 2006
- Employment Laws Made Simple, NBI Seminars, February 1, 2012
Mr. Iacuone represents a variety of clients in employment, personal injury, and business litigation cases — on both sides of the docket. His employment practice includes working with clients on all types of employment discrimination cases, as well as non-compete and executive compensation disputes.
Mr. Iacuone also handles trade secret matters, and has obtained and defeated temporary restraining orders and injunctive relief concerning departing employees.
Mr. Iacuone’s business litigation experience ranges from handling contractual disputes for clients in a number of industries, including online dating services and a preeminent lighting manufacturer, as well as handling cases involving various business torts.
Prior to joining Clouse Dunn LLP, Mr. Iacuone honed his litigation skills from all angles: clerking for a federal judge, handling an active docket for the law firm of Figari & Davenport LLP, and working as in-house counsel for a Fortune 500 company.
Following law school, Mr. Iacuone clerked for the Honorable Richard A. Schell in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas. Mr. Iacuone’s judicial clerkship experience provides him with a keen understanding of how courts work and substantial procedural know-how. Following his clerkship, Mr. Iacuone joined one of the preeminent litigation boutiques in Dallas, Texas, where he successfully first-chaired trials, and handled significant lawsuits in federal and state appeals courts. Later, to further pursue his love of flying, Mr. Iacuone joined a Fortune 500 Airline’s legal team as a senior litigation and regulatory counsel. That experience taught him first-hand the “real world” business concerns (costs and efficiency) and results-oriented focus of most clients.
REPRESENTATION AND RESULTS:
- After a week of trial, achieved ground-breaking $1,000,000+ jury verdict in Dallas County Court for nurse bullied and harassed by her physician-supervisors.
- As first chair, achieved a complete defense verdict for his insurance client in Montgomery County Court
- As first chair, achieved a complete defense verdict in Harris County Court on a matter of first impression regarding electronic health records and durable medical equipment
- As first chair, successfully defeated a special appearance by a New Zealand corporation following a two-day proceeding in Dallas County Court
- Obtained multiple temporary restraining orders against clients’ former employees in Harris County District Court and Dallas County District Court
- Briefed and argued a complicated jurisdictional issue before the Dallas Court of Appeals
- Led corporate team’s investigation of major regulatory violations alleged by former employee
- Drafted and negotiated multiple executive compensation agreements
- As lead counsel, settled (for 100% of demand) a complicated compensation dispute on behalf of a departing hedge fund manager
- Counseled and advised clients regarding privacy and libel issues for employee’s online content, including Facebook and Twitter postings/forums
- Interfaced with governmental entities regarding criminal issues, including warrants and subpoenas, as well as regulatory issues and corporate compliance
- Led company’s mission to protect intellectual property, proprietary information, and customer data from data-scrapers (and any other unauthorized use)
- Legal advisor for corporate emergency “Go Team”